Ribs for Memorial Day Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jazzspot

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
7lbs of Wicked Good Lump with one chunk each of hickory, apple, and peach in the BDS ---

sp7ux2.jpg

6 slabs of babybacks, 2 slabs of St Louis cut spares. Using Wolfe Rub Original ---

63vy4i.jpg

a5jd50.jpg

2sacwaq.jpg

Using the Southern Steamer rib rack to hold them all on the top cooking rack

155nxwy.jpg

23vzxvn.jpg

BDS going along smoothly...

10csoso.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of the finished ribs ---

Babybacks --

2vm8y12.jpg

Spares --

vep3k3.jpg

Great job, you deserve some
points.gif

Thanks much!!
I used the Wolfe Rub Original for my rub.
No spritzing or spraying or mopping of the ribs with anything during the smoke. Sometimes I will spray once or twice when I smoke ribs, but this time I didn't. I was too busy getting busy having a few Johnnie Walker's on the rocks to bother with the spraying/spritzing.
a_cheers.gif

Also, I never use foil on my ribs during the smoke or do the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 or 4-2-0.5, etc, etc, etc.
eusa_naughty.gif

Once I pull the ribs off the BDS, I will foil them with a couple of sprays of apple juice or whatever concoction I may put in my spray bottle.
Allow the ribs to rest for about 30 minutes and then slice 'em up and eat.
eusa_clap.gif

Congrats on a great smoke, the Q View is very inviting. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky