ribs, fatty, sausage, scrapple, beef eye roast, etc

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Total meat: three racks of ribs, one fatty breakfast stuffed with chipotle cheddar, one italian sausage fatty stuffed with 5 italian cheese blend, one hunk of scrapple, one taylor pork roll, 10 bratwurst, one small pork shoulder roast, one beef eye round roast. I have to post one picture at a time for some reason.
bcc2f28a_vbattach18223.jpg

eye round roast. marinated over night in Leaning Oaks vineyard cabernet sauce, smoked to just below 150*. This was very moist and tender.
84b48bca_vbattach18227.jpg

Actually I think this was original T-bone Tim's posting from probably a year ago. The only difference is that I don't foil my ribs tried once but I like just leaving out in the air! I love this sauce though, I make the dry rub a little spicy to cut the sweetness of the sauce a little.

Sticky apple ribs
For the sauce:

1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp paprika
1/4tsp cinamon
1/4tsp garlic salt
1 cup brown sugar ( tightly packed )
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tblsp lemon juice

Mix all above ingredients and heat over low heat till smooth, refridgerate overnight ( optional )

rub down ribs with your favorite rub ,wrap and place in fridge overnight ,if using babybacks remove the membrane,place in smoker nextday and follow 3-2-1- method using apple for smoke ,spraying periodically with applejuice.
Use sauce generously (on both sides ) or to taste when foiling along with a little splash of applejuice.
Baste with sauce both sides 2 times after removing from foil, during the set-up time ( last hour ).

This will make enough sauce to do approx 6 full slabs of babybacks,and the end result should be deliciously sticky sweet apple ribs ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky