Ribs & Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marty vw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Pella Iowa
Did some ribs and wicked beans yesterday. Smoked the ribs for 8 hours with apple wood chips. Fell off the bone when we ate them, mmmmm. For some reason there is never any left overs when I do ribs. And also did the famous wicked beans for the first time. They are very good. I am doing a brisket today, will have that and the rest of the beans tonight. Can't wait.
I am not sure which way to cut the brisket with grain or against it.
Not even sure I can tell which way the grain is going.......any help is welcome.
2da6bfca_vbattach17466.jpg

Against, always against. The grain refers to the direction the muscle fibers in the meat are pointing, similar to wood. if you cut the meat along the grain, you will be sitting there like a bunch of cows chewing their cud, cut against the grain and you will be greatly rewarded. then again, if you get the temp high enough on that brisket, you could always pull it. then ya don't needa worry about which way to cut.
icon_cool.gif

I'm going to have to try Dutch's beans! I just love beans even though they have "wicked" after effects!
Keith

Way to go with the "crud sample " Tex!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Nice info to have!

Basman, they are not that wicked, leave out or use less of the japs.
The bean recipe is awesome. I love it myself, definately want to do them in the smoke though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky