Ribfest!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Finally got tired of looking at these threads with the Dino bones and droolin. Picked some up at Wally World. Found out later that these probably weren't the ones to get. Very little meat on em. I decided they would be good enough to give it a go. Got them all cleaned up and rubbed down with Red's Rub.

4249_1098570218248_1046423994_30248310_1661878_n.jpg

This is about 3 hours into the smoke. I used Cherry juice in the water pan and also used it to spritz the ribs a couple of times when I needed to open the door. Happened upon a few BBs in the fridge and they ended up in the smoker too. I used Hickory to smoke them with.

4249_1098570258249_1046423994_30248311_5858874_n.jpg

There weren't much meat on this cut of rib but the meat that was on it was really tasteeeee. Gonna have to find me a butcher to cut me up some of these with some meat on em.

4249_1098570338251_1046423994_30248313_4801687_n.jpg

Red is in the kitchen whoopin out a batch of homemade biscuits. The BBs turned out nice. I've been really hungry for some ribs. Tonight should do the trick. May have to have a few for breakfast if there are any left over.

4249_1098570418253_1046423994_30248315_5078002_n.jpg

I've got two Chucks rubbed down and getting ready to hit the smoker along with the Capicola Ron made me make. I'm going to do the Chuckeeez over night and smoke em to pull. I'll slide the Capicolla in the smoker when I pull the Chucks out.

Thanks for checkin out my Qview.

I knew I shouldnt have looked at this thread. I was going to cook up some ribs tonight but they were sold out at the grocery store. Man that looks really good!

Well I'm gonna tell ya somethin..... I was a little disappointed in the BBs because they had been packaged in a salt solution and they had a ham texture and flavor. I think I'm gonna stick to the spare ribs from now on or find the BBs without the solution. It was kinda like eatin a breakfast porkchop. They were good but not what I usually cook up. I'm gonna start lookin a whole lot closer to the label.

Don't use the solution chicken either myself.I still get caught once in awhile myself.Hate the taste and texture of the stuff.

Good looking ribs! Any more, I just buy ribs from Sam's Club. I don't need enhanced, water added or any of that. Just the meat.

Good looking ribs Dave and it sounds like your gonna have a fine smoky weekend

Nice ribs Dave, Thanks for the Qview, yum.

Looking good man! Sorry the ribs weren't as meaty as you'd hoped, but overall sounds like it was a success. And with all the other stuff you're going to be smoking...you'd better call the camera crew back to help you eat all that food!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky