Ribeyes on the New Front Porch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Ribeyes on the New Front Porch

I finally fired up the Weber “Q” on My new Smoking Porch.

So I figured a Pair of Ribeyes would be the best way to Christen it !

The sides were Spanish Rice & Sugar Snap Peas, but the Final plated Pic didn’t come out good——Sorry!!

Below is all I got for you.

Bear

Start with a nice Pair of Ribeyes. A Pair of Ribeyes beats a “Full House”!!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1800.jpg.html

This will be my first Grilling since we redid the Front Porch:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1801.jpg.html

Onto the “Q” after 3 hours in Teriyaki Marinade:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1802.jpg.html

Working on some Grill Marks:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1803.jpg.html

About Ready:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1804.jpg.html

Closer look at my Med-Rare Ribeye. Sorry the final pic with the Spanish Rice and Sugar-Snap Peas was no good.
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN1805.jpg.html

Bear I could probably stop and get one for my road trip.Looks real good to me.

Richie

icon14.gif

Tasty looking rib eyes! Ours went out the roof price wise here this past week. $15.99/pound! Yikes!
Thank You Case!!

Yup---They're going up & up around here too, so this time I got Select instead of Choice.

I was surprised at how good & how tender these Select are. Just as good as Choice.

Bear

Bear I could probably stop and get one for my road trip.Looks real good to me.

Richie

icon14.gif
Thanks Richie!!

And Thank You for the Point !!!

Bear

Thank You Case!!
Yup---They're going up & up around here too, so this time I got Select instead of Choice.
I was surprised at how good & how tender these Select are. Just as good as Choice.

Bear

Believe it or not there are very few stores here that have select. In fact there's only one and all they have are the 1/2" thick steaks!

A little late, busy yesterday,  Looks Great as always,  Bear I think you are finally getting the hang of it !!!   Nice job my friend    
points1.png

Gary

Looks great Bear as always.  I have a thick rib eye ready for tonights dinner.  Going to warm smoke it with some hickory for a couple of hours in the MES and then throw it on my Q for a nice sear!

Believe it or not there are very few stores here that have select. In fact there's only one and all they have are the 1/2" thick steaks!
Nowadays I'll believe anything when it comes to Beef.

Right now (This week) we have "Choice" Ribeye for $9.99. That's more than I ever paid, but it might be the best price I can get. I can wait awhile & see, because we still have a Couple "Select" in the freezer. The steaks I buy are always only between 3/4" and 1". We like them like that.

A little late, busy yesterday,  Looks Great as always,  Bear I think you are finally getting the hang of it !!!   Nice job my friend    
points1.png

Gary
Thanks a Bunch Gary!!

I'm still gonna keep practicing!

And Thanks for the Point !!

Bear

Last edited:

Looks great Bear as always.  I have a thick rib eye ready for tonights dinner.  Going to warm smoke it with some hickory for a couple of hours in the MES and then throw it on my Q for a nice sear!
Thank You Sir!!

Sounds Great !!  You're Lucky!!  I did that a couple times, but only to my steak, since Mrs Bear doesn't want her Steak smoked, and it's a PITA to get them both to Med-Rare at the same time!!

Bear

Thank You Sir!!

Sounds Great !!  You're Lucky!!  I did that a couple times, but only to my steak, since Mrs Bear doesn't want her Steak smoked, and it's a PITA to get them both to Med-Rare at the same time!!

Bear

Hhaha I feel your pain! At least you're Mrs. Eats steak. My wife opted for a bowl of cereal. Which meant I ate a pound of rib eye myself haha minus the two thin slices I cut up for my daughter.

You nailed it, Bear!

In my house those steaks would be called rare, not medium rare. If there is deep red in the center, we say it's rare. If it's deep pink to red in the center, it's medium rare. Just pink in the center, medium. Anything else is either raw or well done. I wonder if you and others can correct my definitions.

A Question: How tall is the bench your MES sits on?

:grilling_smilie:

Last edited:
Looking tasty!
Thank You!!

Bear
You nailed it, Bear!

In my house those steaks would be called rare, not medium rare. If there is deep red in the center, we say it's rare. If it's deep pink to red in the center, it's medium rare. Just pink in the center, medium. Anything else is either raw or well done. I wonder if you and others can correct my definitions.

A Question: How tall is the bench your MES sits on?

grilling_smilie.gif
I agree with you, but the cut I showed was right up against the bone, which is always more rare than the rest of the steak. I showed there this time so people don't think I over-cooked them. The rest of that steak is light pink.

My MES sets on top of two Pressure treated boxes, made of 2 X 12s and Plywood. They are each about 2' X 2' X 12" high. Years ago I made 4 of them to carve small bears on. 2 of them are perfect height, raising my MES 40 up 24" off the floor.

Bear

Thank You!!

Bear

I agree with you, but the cut I showed was right up against the bone, which is always more rare than the rest of the steak. I showed there this time so people don't think I over-cooked them. The rest of that steak is light pink.

My MES sets on top of two Pressure treated boxes, made of 2 X 12s and Plywood. They are each about 2' X 2' X 12" high. Years ago I made 4 of them to carve small bears on. 2 of them are perfect height, raising my MES 40 up 24" off the floor.

Bear

Ok, I see now about the steaks. I didn't think about that being where the bone was removed because I never buy ribeyes with bone in. Mea culpa.

Thanks for the info on the boxes. I'm thinking of doing something similar but using casters so I can move it easily.

Ok, I see now about the steaks. I didn't think about that being where the bone was removed because I never buy ribeyes with bone in. Mea culpa.

Thanks for the info on the boxes. I'm thinking of doing something similar but using casters so I can move it easily.
Below is a better shot of my stackable boxes.

Since that picture I covered the top one with a sheet of aluminum for ease of wiping up drippings.

View media item 182778

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky