Ribeyes and Roasted APT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
Oh yeah - Awesome Poblano Turds!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thought I would share this - tried a new process with the poblano's after having them stuffed over at Keith's last weekend.

Fresh picked these outta the garden, canoed them, carved out the seeds, then stuffed with smoked gouda, cheddar, shrooms, and a pat of butter.

Canoed with the stems on - they made great handles for putting on, moving around, and taking off.

Sprayed with cooking oil, and dusted with garlic salt, and stuffed

On a hot grill

These cooked up extremely fast - I'm guessing 7 to 10 minutes tops - caught me off guard, so I plated them and held them in the microwave on warm.

Here they are fresh pulled - the salt stuck very well and crisped up just a bit.

And my dinner along with more shrooms, some of the Mrs's pasta salad, and some fresh corn.
thumb.gif

So... I know I went on and on, but I just think poblano's are awesome. I'm fairly new to them, just happened to get some last year and really like them. They are great for this type of fresh roasting because they have extremely thin skin that does not "toughen up" like an anahem. If you haven't, I highly recommend you give these a try, or grow them if you have a garden.

Thanks for checking out my post.
Tracey

/ message sig

Great looking APT my friend - I like the idea and will steal it sometime in the future

great looking pepper

love how you make the access door and stuff em

definately gonna try that soon

That's sure a fine looking plate of goodies.  Made me hungry already this morning!
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky