Ribeyes and Roasted APT's

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by walle, Sep 10, 2010.

1. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Oh yeah - Awesome Poblano Turds! [​IMG]

Thought I would share this - tried a new process with the poblano's after having them stuffed over at Keith's last weekend.

Fresh picked these outta the garden, canoed them, carved out the seeds, then stuffed with smoked gouda, cheddar, shrooms, and a pat of butter.

Canoed with the stems on - they made great handles for putting on, moving around, and taking off.

Sprayed with cooking oil, and dusted with garlic salt, and stuffed

On a hot grill

These cooked up extremely fast - I'm guessing 7 to 10 minutes tops - caught me off guard, so I plated them and held them in the microwave on warm.

Here they are fresh pulled - the salt stuck very well and crisped up just a bit.

And my dinner along with more shrooms, some of the Mrs's pasta salad, and some fresh corn. [​IMG]

So... I know I went on and on, but I just think poblano's are awesome. I'm fairly new to them, just happened to get some last year and really like them. They are great for this type of fresh roasting because they have extremely thin skin that does not "toughen up" like an anahem. If you haven't, I highly recommend you give these a try, or grow them if you have a garden.

Thanks for checking out my post.
    Tracey

/ message sig

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks very good

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking APT my friend - I like the idea and will steal it sometime in the future

4. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

great looking pepper

love how you make the access door and stuff em

definately gonna try that soon

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's sure a fine looking plate of goodies.  Made me hungry already this morning![​IMG]

6. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tracey that looks fantastic! What a feast... I  love the shrooms on the steak too.[​IMG]