Rib Scrap Dinners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Last week I copped a full standing rib roast on a sweet deal!
DSCN2554.JPG

When I got it home I tuned up a few blades, turned into a five pound two rib roast and seven nice boneless ribeye steaks, some odds and ends
DSCN2559.JPG

I had one oddball steak that I grilled that night on the Weber for dinner
DSCN2563.JPG

The next morning I was up early and sliced up the rack and threw them into the crockpot with some onions and seasoning for 12 hours until they were FOTB
DSCN2567.JPG

I was wondering what to make with the stuff when it dawned on me to take a page out of my good friend Robert's book, tx smoker tx smoker , and do a CI dish!
Sauce, egg noodles, parm, rib meat mixed wit some spinach, more sauce then topped with French wine cheese
DSCN2570.JPG

On to the Weber indirect for about 40 minutes
DSCN2572.JPG

Plated it up with a little Cesar salad, was delicious! My wife who doesn't eat beef polished the leftovers the next morning for breakfast, shocking!
DSCN2573.JPG

Next day I wanted a beef break, a few Vortex yardbird legs
DSCN2557.JPG

Then it was time to get back on that ribeye horse with a cheesesteak on a fresh baked bun
DSCN2586.JPG

The flattop ran out of gas right when the peppers and onions were done, Plan B. I made another drink and fished some leftover leg-o-lamb from Freezermart and tossed it into a pot of hot water on the stove. Half hour later I made a lamb cheesesteak on the stove, smell real nice!
DSCN2587.JPG

Put it all on that fresh bun and sat down to inhale it.
DSCN2588.JPG

I was just about finished eating when I realized I'd forgot to add the cheese, didn't miss it a bit. Now the ribeye cheesesteak I was going to eat will have to wait until after Christmas, it'll keep. So some butchering scraps and a screw-up turned into some pretty decent feed for a few days, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks for lookin' in, and y'all have a great Christmas and stay safe! RAY

That's just about what I was hollering when the propane tank went dry! Thanks for the Like Norm, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nice Ray ! Great work with using everything . Nice job .

Thanks Rich! For odds and ends I was fairly pleased with myself, and I didn't starve. The bonus is that now my freezer is so packed I'd have a hard time fitting a envelope into it. Thank you for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

Man that was one hell of a steal on that roast Ray. Everything you made there looks amazing! Nice work my friend.

Thanks John, I thought the cooks turned out pretty decent. That's the best price on standing rib roast I've seen in about thirty years, wish I had more freezer space, of brought the one I gave to a neighbor when we moved from CA, Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it! RAY

i'll take those scraps any day, looks excellent!

Thanks Jim! Not using every little bit would be almost as bad as spilling a glass of whisky, tho not quite as bad. Thank you for the Like Jim, it is appreciated. RAY

Looks great. Let me understand this...You score 20 pounds of Beef Rib and your Wife don't eat Beef? Anyone else there to feed?
Great score and More for you! NICE...JJ

Some great looking meals Ray! Not bad at all for scraps! Merry Christmas to you also!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Dang RAY! All looks fantastic! Im with the others...scraps??? Heck I'd eat the scraps from your scaps! I bet the dogs always happy! Lol!

Everything looks incredible Ray! From the butcher work to the finished products. All of those meals are wonderful. What you call "scraps" I'd consider delicacies. Great work all the way around. Hoping you and yours have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday.

YEAP! Great job! Merry Christmas!!

Thanks Justin, and thank you for the Like, I appreciate it. Merry Christmas! RAY

Wow what a deal! Phenomenal plates also.

Thanks Peach! Yeah, you don't see that price roll around every week! RAY

Oh Yeah!! A Lot of Tasty looking stuff, right there!! Nice Job, Ray!! Like. Bear

Thanks John, now that the scraps are gone it's on to the good stuff. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great. Let me understand this...You score 20 pounds of Beef Rib and your Wife don't eat Beef? Anyone else there to feed? Great score and More for you! NICE...JJ

My wife has never in her life eaten a steak, lamb chop, or a piece of bacon Chef, tho she will eat the hipshot burgers and sausage I make for her. Since the pandemic and no company the biggest thing I've smoked has been a porkbutt, and most of that went into the freezer. RAY

Scraps? LOL ! It all looks great.. Nice work ! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Well butcher scraps are something I can use to make something else. Table scraps are something that makes my dog Bob happy. Thanks for the Like Mike, much appreciated! RAY

Ray, Those are good looking scraps. I'd take a plate anytime! Stuart

It was a nice change Stu, scraps usually get turned into Mexican food, enchiladas, burritos, flautas. Thanks for the Like amigo, it's much appreciated! RAY

Some great looking meals Ray! Not bad at all for scraps! Merry Christmas to you also! Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I'll be firing up the Weber for Xmas eve dinner tonight! Thanks for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it. RAY

Dang RAY! All looks fantastic! Im with the others...scraps??? Heck I'd eat the scraps from your scaps! I bet the dogs always happy! Lol!

LOL! Thanks Travis, Bob is about the happiest dog on the planet! RAY

Everything looks incredible Ray! From the butcher work to the finished products. All of those meals are wonderful. What you call "scraps" I'd consider delicacies. Great work all the way around. Hoping you and yours have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday.

Thanks Mike! It's always fun to play with knives and save a little dough at the same time. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky