Rib Racks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveb

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Needing to get some rib racks, just not quite enough room. Will this effect how I have cooked before? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks for it!!!

I always use the 3-2-1 method with or without racks. During the foiled part I don't use the racks because I'm afraid I'll poke holes in the foil. Afterwards, I finish them off in the racks.

I had to use rib racks when I did my last set of spare ribs. (4 slabs and some fattys and some chicken quarters) I didn't have to alter how I normally cook them, just like WV. I did have to stack them when I wrapped them in foil though.

I can attest to the joys of the rib rack if you're doing a lot of meat. I just did 6 full racks this past weekend and there is no way I could have fit them all on my chargriller smokin pro without the racks. I had to stack a few up when I put them in foil and then for the last hour but there was no difference I could tell.
- Anthony

My smoker is a char-broil vertical smoker, and to get 4 or 5 slabs of ribs i have to use a rib rack. It does not make any difference then when i smoke a couple of slabs and do not use a rack. When it is time to foil i just put the ribs in the foil and set the racks aside till it is time to glaze them and then i use the racks again. So go for it anytime you choose, and good smoking.

Bill
USMC retired

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky