Reverse Sear SRF Wagyu TT Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So while out camping in the Tetons, we went into town to pick up some groceries and have dinner and came across these SRF Wagyu TT Steaks for 12.99/lb so we scrapped going to dinner and went back to camp for dinner......
687AC061-1E29-4671-AFD6-C1BF700B17DB.jpeg

Seasoned them up with a bit of salt and some kinders buttery steakhouse.....
1D692302-9657-48C5-8129-ED81E4EEE956.jpeg

Fired up some coals and some apple wood chunks as that is all I had in the camp box.....then they went in the little char griller for some smoke.
35A77584-F92E-4126-9D7D-179751833D64.jpeg
They saw about 20 min of smoke with a turn in the middle then went over the coals for the reverse sear!
24D62E7F-100B-451A-99B5-4CFFE79D1FCB.jpeg

Bam bam about 2 min per side sear for the perfect crust.
2E5D95D6-ED2A-4B3E-A248-79C74E56AF49.jpeg

so while the wagyu was smoking I placed some carrots and white peal onions in the searing hot CI with a little oil & salt and pepper the. Once they got some color on them I had to improvise some liquid so in went some 7UP with a bit of the kinders then covered to pan steam.
1FD83B46-452E-45B3-A296-ED1DF84EB531.jpeg

Once they were soft with a hint of bite I added some pre boiled baby golden spuds. And added a bit more 7UP & a bit of butter to sauce them up......
B1F5A30E-BA97-462B-AF64-6A4691EC2664.jpeg

the plate was served up with the CI mix, baby Bella’s & some garden maters......
71380394-4792-4DD3-82FA-F06EF550065C.jpeg

All I can say is I’m glad we skipped going out to dinner cause this was money!!!!
6CF7E6B8-C247-4BD9-8D89-749E1A573A6F.jpeg

pure wagyu flavored money!
668A3E23-75D5-4E85-BDCC-92E421EF2F61.jpeg

PS I just love this little char griller.....it has really cooked up some tasty treats!

Last edited:
That plate is just awesome! Steaks done to perfection! Great job as always!

Ryan

That is beautiful, simply beautiful!! Great call going back to camp for dinner. No restaurant food is gonna stack up to that. Very well done!!

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I completely agree with Robert on going back to camp. I find we are increasing disappointed when we head out to eat these days. There are still dang good restaurants around, but I don't live in an area that is populated enough to support one, so it's quite the drive.
That is one delicious looking improvised meal. Big Like!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Heck yeah bud you nailed it. I have some of the buttery steakhouse from kinders. Some pretty good stuff. Nice work

Nice work , that all looks fantastic . Always taste better at camp too .

I've been looking at the Kent Rollins recipe where he cooks potatoes in white soda . Gonna try it some day .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great pics and write up! Thanks for sharing that fantastic meal with us.

That plate is just awesome! Steaks done to perfection! Great job as always!

Ryan
thanks Ryan! I forgot the fire pic though

That is beautiful, simply beautiful!! Great call going back to camp for dinner. No restaurant food is gonna stack up to that. Very well done!!

Robert
thanks and you got that right! Would have to spent 65 a plate or more to get wagyu beef.

Good looking plate.
Thanks Brian!
I completely agree with Robert on going back to camp. I find we are increasing disappointed when we head out to eat these days. There are still dang good restaurants around, but I don't live in an area that is populated enough to support one, so it's quite the drive.
That is one delicious looking improvised meal. Big Like!
Thanks and we fully agree! We have found that heavily touristy places just don’t need to do quality. The night before we had dinner at a place that was on triple D 3 times and it was a HUGE disappointment (which surprised us)! Got raw cold (I mean raw cold dough not to mention the still cold grated cheese spilling out when they cut it ) calzones.....even waited an hour for them....they didn’t even say sorry, just said we I guess we can put them in the oven again.....but there loss was our gain!

Heck yeah bud you nailed it. I have some of the buttery steakhouse from kinders. Some pretty good stuff. Nice work
thanks Jake! We have been doing a fair amount of kinders stuff since our Costco started carrying it. That and I’ve been too busy to make up my own these days

Nice work , that all looks fantastic . Always taste better at camp too .

I've been looking at the Kent Rollins recipe where he cooks potatoes in white soda . Gonna try it some day .
thanks chop and yes camp food is just yummy! Our camp stove has high BTU burners so it’s like being in the “kitchen”

you need to try white soda. It adds a bit of sweetness and creates a savory syrup!
Great pics and write up! Thanks for sharing that fantastic meal with us.
Thanks Colin, it took about an 90 mins to upload the pics to the forum (poor service) but I had to share it was just too good not to share!
Great looking TT and man that was honestly a great price for SNF Wagyu TT.
Thanks jcam! Yea it was a killer price. They had filets but just couldn’t justify the 49/lb but was a little temped......
Great looking plate!
Before I die I want a A-5 ribeye.
Al
Thanks Al! Oh and you and me both!

Beautiful piece of work there Civil, big Like! Hard to beat a good steak at a campsite, we pack a Jumbo Joe in our Lance camper, be lost without it. RAY

Very nice man, that all looks phenomenal! That’s a meal I’d have been all over…. I think you made a good choice heading back to camp!

Great score!!! Man o man I woulda bought them all!
Great cook there - looks mouthwateringly delish!

Beautiful piece of work there Civil, big Like! Hard to beat a good steak at a campsite, we pack a Jumbo Joe in our Lance camper, be lost without it. RAY
Thanks RAY! Recently with fire restrictions open fires have been few and far between, so when we can I take advantage of it for sure!

As always a great job by civil. It was a lot cheaper than eating out too.

Warren
Thanks Warren! WAY cheaper and more TASTY!

Very nice man, that all looks phenomenal! That’s a meal I’d have been all over…. I think you made a good choice heading back to camp!
Thanks WHB! It was a 5 Star to me! The Wagyu TT was just amazing..... I think I could get addicted...

Great score!!! Man o man I woulda bought them all!
Great cook there - looks mouthwateringly delish!
Thanks Sandy! LOL I did buy more than I cooked.....I will be having them over the next couple of days.....!

Great looking steaks. Wagu for 12.99 is awesome. Yeah, the sides look great too.
Thanks Tuna! Yes the price is killer, it was as good as most filets out there and cheaper. Wagyu is just sweet flavored meat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky