reverse flow baffle plate to grate distance?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NM
I am making a reverse flow smoker from a propane tank, am I going to have any problems if my baffle plate is within 2 inches from the grate? ot is that preffered

will JB weld hold up ok to high heat?

The one I am working on should end up about 2 to 3 inch's above. And umm I'm not sure on the JB Weld. How thick is you meat chamber and do you have a drill?

I don't think you really want the RF plate too close to the cooking surface.  The radiant heat off the plate may cook the meat to fast or unevenly. 

I'm in the middle of a build myself; Luckily I have a friend with a Lang to refer to. But his RF plate is about 2"  from the cookin surface. Not sure I like that idea, But it is a Lang afterall....(personaly) I'm going with atleast 4" ! Can't wait to see your build....
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky