Retaining Heat Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scriprp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Nashville, TN
I'm needing some advice on the best way to retain heat while smoking in cold temperatures. I have read that some people have used Hot Water Heater blankets. Any tips, ideas or comments would be great.

Well, if the offset in yer sig is what yer usin, I'd say a weldin blanket gonna be part of the deal.

Keep the wind offin it to.

I'd add in some brick ta the bottom fer some added thermal mass.

Lay a piece of aluminum foil along the length of the bottom of the smoke chamber. Helps reflect the heat back up towards your cooking grates rather than radiating out the bottom. Makes clean up easy too.

The hotwater heater blankets I wouldn't use. From the look of the ones I have seen the fiberglass particles could get in your smoker. I would use a welding blanket if needed.

What he said.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

The wnd can make a HUGE difference.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky