Results - Pork Ribs, 3 whole chickens, cornish hens, and why not fatties, too Q-Views and updates la

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okbeard1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
More to come throughout the day - decided to get it all mixed up (and chicken brining) - and marinated for later in the day.

Sadly, the only thing I care for are the chickens.  I'll eat a bite or two of it all, but it is for my husband's hunting trip - he leaves Wed morning.... (and he's in the wood with our son as I type, lol)

Updates later today - nothing is going into smoker until after church.

Today's menu (minus the 3 lbs of venison - that's going to be chili later today)

280ece99_Smoker10-31-10001.jpg

Hash browns, onions, egg, and cheese

51d8eb72_Smoker10-31-10003.jpg

Not sure Lady Gaga's seamstress has anything on us - I think this forum was her inspiration - anyone??

ad30b60f_Smoker10-31-10004.jpg

Wrapped and in the fridge -

5c4d1ebf_Smoker10-31-10005.jpg

Bare Naked Piggy

49c9bc52_Smoker10-31-10006.jpg

Ready to wrap

ff39cad1_Smoker10-31-10008.jpg

Way to go "Mom"... your cooking up some good grub for a hunting trip. I'm a chicken fan also....

My mother used to take care of us when we went away fishing or hunting also.

Mom's are the best.....
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Looks like they will be eating well. Its nice you take care of them and make sure they eat well when they are gone. My wife doesn't do this for me. But then again I have never really asked her half of the fun of getting ready for the trip and eating it with everyone is making it yourself. At least for me. I'm sure they will be very grateful that you are cooking for them.

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now you are off to a really good start so I guess I'll have to check back in.

RBranster,

My husband didn't get hit with the "smoker/barbq" gene, lol - but he sure does know how to fry just about anything you set in front of him!  He's actually a great cook - and usually does most of the cooking at camp.  I figure the more I send him with, the less time he'll be having to cook and the more chances I'll have more grub in my freezer
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
   So I do have a motive! 

Updates to come - chickens out of the brine and in the smoker - pork ribs out of the fridge.

Results - forgot to take pics of the ribs when they were cut up!

Ribs,

Chicken,

Cornish Hens

Fatties

I had venison chili for dinner ;)

44b0df2c_Smoker10-31-10010.jpg
f5dc11b8_Smoker10-31-10011.jpg
73bf3055_Smoker10-31-10012.jpg
5142d938_Smoker10-31-10013.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky