• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Restored MARK TWAIN boat

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
spent 2 yrs doing this, dont know if anyone is really interested in this but here goes:

brought this ugly thing home: got it for free, sat for 12 yrs in a grove of trees.

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
here was my first thought on the name, its a V-sonic boat but that was just too much on the side

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
here is her first time out on the water such a baby way back then

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
you know what...I am totally impressed with the effort that you put forth...have fun with your new baby...what's her name??

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
uncle toy,,, my cuz called me that from when she whas a baby or todler, so long ago, so i call it that,

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
I'm impressed chrish! Very nice indeed!

There's so much satisfaction in bringing an old relic back to life... I do that with old cars, it's a ton of fun!

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Way to go chrish that is something to be proud of, great job.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Wow. Transformation is unreal. Congrats on creating a life long memory to be shared.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2007
Boat looks GREAT!!!

I have a genetic defect that prevents me from being able to back in or out a boat without breaking into a Torrets laiden rant.....
...so I had to sell mine.

My wife is happier now....

desert smokin

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 1, 2007
WOW What a transformation. I'm totally impressed. How many hours do you have in the restoration?

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
got it in October and dad and i worked on it all winter and the frist run on the lake was in july, we were lucky the floor wasnt rotted out but it got a piece of plywood glassed down over the old floor, the O/B moter was rebuilt the boat was painted ($40 a pint for that paint) ended up using 3 pints of paint.

starsfaninco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 2, 2006
Nice work there. My dream is to find an old Chris Craft runabout (woodie) and rebuild it. I've not found one in my price range as of yet though. Also, being land locked in Colorado makes it pretty certain that I'll never get one here.

Once again, great work, and it's awesome to find a hobby like that.

KE

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.