Replacement GOSM Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacfan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Eastern Ky
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good exterior thermometer for my GOSM? I have a maverick with the duel probes one for meat and one for cooking surface temp? I want one thats permanent through the hole in the door.

I have three on the door of my GOSM, for temps at different rack levels. Here's where I got them from http://www.kck.com/bbq_pit_grill_thermometer.html
e2280f48_vbattach20565.jpg

Just put -- 'bout 15 minute ago - a Q Pro 2 inch on my Smokin' Pro. Drilled a hole 5/16th...washer outside with hi temp caulk. Pushed thermo. thru. Washer inside ...with a little..very little ....VERY litte 'c-type' slide on clamp. Looks like a MINI-horseshoe with 'minute' pin side holes at the end. DID I MENTION these are SMALL!!!

I slid 2 of these little jobbies down the stem inside the smoker -- which in theory will secure washer to inside of hood.

83 cents in material. NOT including thermo.

You thumbnail shows quite a variance in temps throughout the levels in your smoker. Is that common?

Very common for me. Bottom vents closed to factory settings, top vent wide open. Gives me a chance to smoke stuff at different temps, great for ribs on top and chicken on the bottom. I understand that these temps can vary by smoker and or location.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky