Replaced heating element and still nothing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tim1970

Original poster
Feb 16, 2020
I recently replaced the element in my smoker. It looks like the ground corroded on the inside and my wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working. Control panel works and the the old element definitely shorted out as it had a significant blowout. What's my next step to getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

I really no nothing much about this, but my guess would be there must be a burnt up wire or connection somewhere in the middle, did you take the back panel off and check the wiring. maybe one of the pro's will chime in to help.

I recently replaced the element in my smoker. It looks like the ground corroded on the inside and my wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working. Control panel works and the the old element definitely shorted out as it had a significant blowout. What's my next step to getting this fixed?

Thanks in advance.
did you reattach the ground?
test for power at the element

wife said it shot a blue spark out of the bottom when it originally stopped working.
Not sure what model you have , but Un plug the smoker and look on the bottom . Should be an access door . Remove that and look for damage .

Not sure what model you have , but Un plug the smoker and look on the bottom . Should be an access door . Remove that and look for damage .
Will do, but I don't recall anything down there.

Yes it is sealed. You will have to drill out the rivets to get the outer shell off to further investigate. The good news is they are all easily replaceable with screws

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky