Rehersal Dinner for 50 w Queview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Long hard day but we pulled it off
Appetizers
Mini Quiches with bacon and carmelized onion
Smoked Mozarella
Smoked Nuts
Veggie tray
Shrimp marinated and served in the ice bowl we made
Salad with fresh greeens fruit and candied pecans
Dinner plate
Burger Slider with Chipotle mayo and pepper jack cheese - Hawaiin roll
Roasted Chicken slider with au jus - Rosemary roll
PP Slider with slaw and finishing sauce on Kaiser roll
7 cheese mac and cheese
Sweet potatos twice baked
Dessert
Strawberry Cheese Cakes

The bride and groom loved it -
Too busy to take too many pics but here we go

Setting up to serve

Mac and cheese coming out

Plating

Dessert

Reactions: rbranstner
Man,that is top notch!!!We usually stick with the bbq catering at company picnics for 300-600 folk....I would have to call in my executive chef friend for a killer spread like that....only problem is he is a excitable greek guy with a big knife
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

They actually thanked us at the wedding and several folks that attended both told us our food was better.
Thanks to all for the compliments - we are glad it is over and done

Ours is too - oh yeah that's me - well the geek part is right

Very nice spread! Presentation was great! I LOVE the individual mac and cheese bowls!!! Very Ingenious!

Cooking for lots of people (esp family) is alway tough! You did a great job!

Very well done! That's a serious menu you put together...looks great!

Man, that the whole lay-out of that ice-bowl is really cool.

Eric

Wow! Looks like ya did more than pull it off. Great job! The individual serving idea is on spot! Gonna steal that one. LOL

Thanks to all of you - you have no idea how much this means coming from the best on this board. We have been playing in the catering gig mostly for free for the last 20 years. To get these acolades from folks as respected on this forum as you is a true honor.
Thanks for your support and if there is anything we did can help you with any of our ideas please let me know.

Those ramakins are really hard to find - there is a small vendor in Hemet CA that sells them and they have really good customer service - let me know if you need the link

Man, that the whole lay-out of that ice-bowl is really cool.

Eric[/quote]
The ice bowl is so easy it is embarrasing - here is a pic of making it - just make sure you use distilled water so it freezes clear. When you are ready to put it out you need about 40 minutes to let it melt a little so the plastic bowls seperate without having to force them. It will break on you if you force it. I have a large collander with a foot so I flip it over and cover with leaves to give it height - if you really want to blow them away, put a couple of chunks of dry ice under the collander and pour some warm water on the dry ice - it makes it look like a volcano!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky