Reheating Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

funk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving all. I am smoking an 18lb turkey ($.29 lb). I am going to cook it Wednesday night. What is the best method to reheat? I was thinking of either slicing it wednesday night or leaving it whole and reheating in the oven on thanksgiving. Any advice would be appreciated.

Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in a 200 degree oven until warm. Remove the wrap and broil for a few minutes to crispy up the skin.

I thought you were supposed to remove the meat from the bone (you can leave the legs whole though ) before storing it for a day . Any truth to that ? I'm doing the same thing , kind of . Cooking in my Masterbuilt electric , with out smoke but I'm going to brine my 11 lb for about 12 hours , (my mom and aunt don't like it smoked ) wednesday night and then I have to store it until Thursday afternoon . I was going to take the meat off of the carcass in as large of pieces as possible , put it in zip locs and refrigerate . I was thinking of putting a little chicken broth in the zip locs also . I'm worried about it drying out during the reheating process .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky