Reflectix!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

suie

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Ithaca, NY
Shout out to Keith for telling me about this! I made a Reflectix tube for my mini today.

Lowe's had a really tall version of it, but it was cheaper to buy this shorter roll from Amazon and use the foil tape to stack it.

I had to try this out before tomorrow, when I'll be smoking for guests for the super bowl. TBS!

I put this mini rack of ribs on over 4 1/2 hours ago and it's still going strong. I don't think the fan for the BBQ Guru has come on at all for the last hour and a half because I've been slightly over temp all that time. It's about 30 degrees out. Anyway, this works great for smoking in winter, thanks Keith!

AWESOME!    I have a 10.52 lb butt in today....i'm in the 20's and I'm gonna finish on one load of fuel easy.   Going on 7 1/2 hours  so far.   My IT is like 196 right now and the mini is 293

I have a blanket covering 3/4 of the top to leave room for the exhaust.   It's nice and toasty around the smoker.

...again, great to hear it worked for you well.   Keeps steady temps with that dead insulated air pocket around it. 

AWESOME!    I have a 10.52 lb butt in today....i'm in the 20's and I'm gonna finish on one load of fuel easy.   Going on 7 1/2 hours  so far.   My IT is like 196 right now and the mini is 293
Nice, you'll be done soon...and 7 1/2 hours on one load of fuel...wow!! I was really surprised at just how big a difference it makes, and it's so easy to work with! Today it's snowing so I made the hat. 

Got mac 'n cheese in there now, getting some smoke. Then the scarbelly wings go in next. Temp is easily holding at 300.

Enjoy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky