Refinshing smoker in off-season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iso

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Monroe, WA
Smoker is a trailer mounted horizontal offset rig. The firebox has developed rust and scale(?) through lots of use. What thinking of using a wire wheel or disc sander to remove as much as I can. Then repaint the area. Is there a better way to prevent the rust build up? It is really bad on the inside of the firebox lid.

I need to replace the damper to accommodate a dual-fan stoker unit. The stoker came with a stainless steel plate that replaces the existing damper but it doesn't accommodate the dual-fans. I want to mount the fans side by side. There is a huge selection of steel at onlinemetals.com. What is a decent type of steel to build a new plate?

You will need an air adjustment.... just add an opening for the blower.....

Add a second opening, even with the FB/CC opening, when using the smoker as it was intended, to move heat......

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky