Ref; Pulled Pork Left overs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
So instead of just making sammies or the like I used the leftover Creole injected pulled pork for some fried rice. I forgot to take pictures of most of the steps but I believe you will find them easy to follow.

Before I begin; I own a Brevil Electric Wok- The Hot Wok Pro. It can get up to 425f. It's capable of deep frying amoungst other things. I haven't used it alot in the few years I've had it beyond peanut butter chicken, but this might be a new favourite..

Step One: Chopped up about 4-6 cups of onion. <We have a bunch about to turn on us, time to use them up!> And one of the big bell peppers from the garden as an afterthought.

Step two: I bring the Wok up to frying temp, adding in canola oil, seaseme seed oil, and chili oil. <I have a very spicy chili oil, so not much was needed>.

Step Three: Add onions and bring them close to carmelization, slightly turning brown, then I moved them to another bowl, and added a bit more chili and seaseme oil.

Step four: Having removed the eggs, I added in 6 eggs on lower heat, rapidly moving them around to make sure they formed small strands and clumps. Removed and put in the bowl with onions and bell pepper, mix well.

Step Five: I added ample pulled pork on sear, beginning to crisp it, and break it up from the clumps. Well crisped, I added in egg mixture, more seaseme oil, and rice. I begin to stir and flip this to get it evenly mixed. I then added soy sauce.

Once it looks coloured and is fairly well mixed, put in serving bowl/storage bowl. This was a nice change of pace from just pulled pork, and extends the amount of meals. Alot of people would have been smart and checked before hand if they had the peas you normally see. I thought I did, but I didn't.

I also did this in two batches; I made the rice a day in advance with that intent. If you are only doing a normal size batch, you'd do 3 eggs, 3 cups rice. I didn't overly season this given the hot chili oil was used, it was creole injected pork. I simply used ample garlic during the onion frying stage. I do strongly suggest if you have enough seaseme oil on hand to only use that in lieu of Canola.

Thanks for the reading and enjoy the few pics I got! <As always pardon my photo quality and horrible plating..it was just a small bowl to test!>

Attachments

• 20180711_142833.jpg
    20180711_142833.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180711_145103.jpg
    20180711_145103.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180711_151956.jpg
    20180711_151956.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180711_152003.jpg
    20180711_152003.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 16

We buy bulk jasmine rice, so if it's one thing I always got..it's rice on hand. I might use more egg next time.

The double batch lasted a single day..I guess I'll need to triple batches for proper left overs.. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky