RediCheck "Smoker" thermometer trouble

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by bilvo47, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bilvo47

bilvo47 Fire Starter

I have the RediCheck "Smoker" thermometer and am using it for the first time today. The moniter connected directly to the probes is working fine but the remote is just flashing " - - - " where the chamber and meat temperature is supposed to read. Any suggestions?

2. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

rip mentioned summin bout having to reset the remote part of it.......summin bout pressing both buttons to gether at once........

can't really remember..........

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Check remote batts, check programming instructions,check range from remote, all else fails, try a scientifically applied force vector <smack the silly thing>

4. rip

rip Smoking Fanatic

Mine has a reset button on the reciever and the thurmo...........push them. NOW![​IMG]

5. bilvo47

bilvo47 Fire Starter

just figured it out - there's a "tx" button inside the battery compartment - when I pushed it the thing started working - crazy - thank y'all for the help.

6. rip

rip Smoking Fanatic

Glad you got it goin, I was goin to take mine back........then I saw the reset buttons.[​IMG]

7. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

frustrating little buggers aren't they? [​IMG] I have one with a transmitter and remote unit, they both need to be reprogramed EVERY time I use it, soo..... I never use it. [​IMG] Like Terry says, (the other Terry), "relax, don't worry, have a home brew" [​IMG]