RediCheck "Smoker" thermometer trouble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bilvo47

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Southern Ca.
I have the RediCheck "Smoker" thermometer and am using it for the first time today. The moniter connected directly to the probes is working fine but the remote is just flashing " - - - " where the chamber and meat temperature is supposed to read. Any suggestions?

rip mentioned summin bout having to reset the remote part of it.......summin bout pressing both buttons to gether at once........

can't really remember..........

Check remote batts, check programming instructions,check range from remote, all else fails, try a scientifically applied force vector <smack the silly thing>

Mine has a reset button on the reciever and the thurmo...........push them. NOW!
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

just figured it out - there's a "tx" button inside the battery compartment - when I pushed it the thing started working - crazy - thank y'all for the help.

frustrating little buggers aren't they?
mad.gif
I have one with a transmitter and remote unit, they both need to be reprogramed EVERY time I use it, soo..... I never use it.
smile.gif
Like Terry says, (the other Terry), "relax, don't worry, have a home brew"
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky