Had trouble keeping my heat up so I made a few changes to my SFB. 1st I added a couple pieces of angle iron so the basket doesn't sit on the ash drawer. Now my basket sits much higher hopefully increasing air flow thus allowing more heat and smoke to enter the smoke chamber. Now I can pull out all the ashes without moving the fire basket. As you can see I now have plenty of room for ash without restricting air flow. I'm adding 2 more vents to also increase air flow. Cordless drill died so I couldn't finish this part. Did get the holes drilled. I think it helped. Also added some fire rope to the smoke chamber lid. Used red high temp RTV to stick it on with. No smoke got passed it. Now I need to go all the way around it so I can quit wasting tin foil.