Real Smokehouse Almonds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
And way better than store bought.

Doing 2 different ways for snacking on the road>>>>well one batch atleast.

Sweet Hot almonds.

The mix

And the Johnny Reb dont eat while driving almonds.

Sprinkled a little salt powder on both batches.

Now in the Bighouse with hickory.

On top of the rods.

They look great Nepas. The last time I smoked almonds I left them in too long & burned them. Haven't done any since. I guess I may have to give it another try.

Thanks realtorterry

Got the almonds done and cooling now.

On the left is the Johnny Reb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Right Sweet Hot

Sweet hot for me thank you!!

Tasty looking...

Craig

Nice job....liked seeing the pic of Rebel Yell.....used to be my fav bourbon when living in Calif....don't see much of it up here in the NW but that pic brought back some fine memories

O yes

Looks-Great.gif

I make my own powdered salt.

BlueBomber

I took the heat to 180*

Chef Willie

Remember when the Rebel had the Stars and Bars on the label?

Those are looking great man. I need to get on the smoker again soon. Too many projects gettin in the way

I make my own powdered salt.

BlueBomber

I took the heat to 180*

Chef Willie

Remember when the Rebel had the Stars and Bars on the label?

LOL...yeah, I do....noticed the bottle had a new designer look to it....looks like a cognac bottle now. Must be at least 12 years since I've had a jug...used to be able to get it at Trader Joes in Calif but haven't seen it since returning to the NW. May have to go on a hunt for it.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky