Real Pastrami Another HUGE Score W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008

Well, my new found Butcher friend had these marked down from $2.99 to $.99. WOW, and they are brisket flats, not beef rounds.

The marinade. Vidalia Onion marinade, Webers black Peppercorn rub, and a dash of syrup for good measure. I did the fry pan salt test and it past without soaking.

This is the marinade.

All coated and in the fridge till tomorrow night.

Thanks for watching.

Ron

Ron,

I take the Peppercorn Melange and put it in a ziploc and beat the snot out of the peppercorns with a rolling pin.

That course pepper then gets rubbed onto the corned beef victim, then I smoke it.

The peppercorns seem to carmelize into a transcendent, gastronomic nirvana. I am not a professional cook like you are, so I don't know all the chemical and alchemy stuff, but with great help like pros and champs like you, I muddle through and discover some great stuff - like this wonderful Pastrami.

Pastrami on! all my Kosher friends! It is like buttah - talk amongst yourselves.

Brad in Kentucky

PS - You aren't supposed to eat this stuff - it isn't "healthy". Notice all the fit, gentile guys croak at 45? The old Jewish guys (who eat Pastrami everyday in Ruebens) live to be 94. Pass the Pastrami.

I'll be interested to see the finished Qview. So many things to try, so little time!
biggrin.gif

How to keep a good butcher.... tip him....When you get a good ,butcher ,,,...man keep him...happy. I buy about 20 to 30 full pork loin from my butcher (retail at first and wholsale last 10 years) each week in the May for ren fair,,Conssion stand I work makeing pork sammys $5.50 a sammy, grilled mushroom. bell pepper, Onion. and their choise of cheese. that is about 100 to 150 pork loin for the month of May...if im in a bind and he helps me out any where from $25.00 to $ 50.00 tip...and to day when i walked up to counter to buy my buffalo,,, he had a little something extra for me in thanking me at labor day.

Thats funny.

After 24 hour marinadade.

I drained a bit and added more Webers pepper marinade dry.

More to come in part 2.

Thanks for watching.

Ron

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky