• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Re-using Smoking chips/chunks

micklouie

Joined Jul 31, 2010
Does anyone have an opinion for using burnt chips in the smoker. I have left over chips that didn't burn up in the smoking process. Do you think is a waste or can this been re-used?

They seem to have some good smoke still left in them.

I hate throwing stuff away.

Thanks,

Mike

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
I'd say it depends on how long they've been sitting, I've used what was left in my chip box and added some fresh chips to it, but that was just 2 days later, and i didn't have any issues.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I guess you can re-use them if their not totoally burnt. Heck give it shot but I always just dump them and go on.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
As far as I know, as long as they still work----Do It!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Give it a shot - if you don't like the way they smell or burn dump them out - ya really got nothing to loose

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
when I've used chunks or large charcoal, I just "put out" what didn't burn with a bit of water and waste not, want not.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks