re mahogany

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johno

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
texas , queensland
G,day i want to make a batch of dutch's mahogany sauce , but i have searched every where and can not buy grape jam , it use to be around but not any more has anyone ever tried it with another jam i have some plum jam wonder how that would be instead of grape,

Hey Johno ... I have made this before and also couldn't get pure grape jam , but I found grape / blueberry jam and used that in it's place .... worked out wonderful ... I think plum would also be an excellent subtitution, hope this helps . Tim.

I would think it would be fine! Let us know the results! I can't imagine not being able to find grape! There would be anarchy by a couple of million toddler to pre-teens here!

seems strange to me too , when australia has produced more grapes than it knows what to do with the last 2 or 3 years .

Hope it turns out with the plum jam. That is weird the they don't sell grape jam. I always thought grape and strawberry jams were the basics everywhere. Just goes to show you.

Kookie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky