Re-Certified Myself into Compost WACKO Club

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not a wacko, bud...just smart! Black gold is some good stuff!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks great Alex. Does the black wrapping (porous so the compost can breathe?) make a big difference in speed of composition?
We have a few compost bins that came from a green event a few years back but other than that our compost piles are just that, piles in the back yard, we have 4 different ones now but they seem to take about 2 years to fully compost even with turning and wetting.
If it makes a big difference I will change it up a bit so I can have a fresh batch within a year as opposed to 2-3.

:ooks like you are doing a great job of Composting to me...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Why is it a horrible mistake to put unfinished compost in the root-zone? I am inferring that you mean tilling IN the unfinished compost 3-6 inches below ground surface- am I correct?

By curing, you mean the addition of the nitrogen to your carbon?

Sorry for the retarded questions, but I'm impressed at the level you have taken this to and would like to learn more. I've composted and still do, but in a "country" kind of way....I guess some might call it "hick"
icon_mrgreen.gif

Works well for me, but there is always room for improvement!

Thanks for any help you can share, Alex.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky