Qview Brisket preview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by triplebq, Jan 16, 2010.

1. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Brisket , home made rub , wood soaking , apple juice for water pan ,BBQ sauce cause that is the kind my 12 year old likes , I use no sauce with my brisket as I want the flavor of the meat at 1st .

2. Are you still thinking about injecting it (glad you posted a question about that--I was thinking the same thing) ?

3. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Not this one . I am gonna order the recommened brand and cook another one . I think it will add flavor .. Thanks for commenting

4. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx

5. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Watt burner heating up ! Water pan fill of apple juice and water mix ! heating up time

6. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Light blue smoke my well used ECB with watt burner... flat and point both on .. should be some good burnt ends sometime tomorrow !

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man that some good looking hunks of meat you have there. I cann't wait to see the finishing qview. Keep the good work going.

8. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    8 hour mark , bagged and tagged in foil wrap , now back on smoker for 5 more finishing hours and have now filled water pam with plain water to control temp of smoker . cut the flat and it looks great , the point is stiil cooking nicely and will make excellent burnt emds ... more pictures coming

9. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Thanks only US know the work and fun goes into these . I cut the edge of the flat and the moisture just shoit striaght out . The temp of the flat was around 140 so I bagged it to finish it and retain the moisture base I have . I had to add apple juice to the water pan twice over the night ..

10. jak757

jak757 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Looks great! Makes me want to smoke some brisket here!

Hope y some finished post some finished pics.

11. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

wow that looks like a winner keep us updated [​IMG]
    i put a flat on bout a 1/2 hr ago hope it turns out [​IMG]

12. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    morkdachwow that looks like a winner keep us updated [​IMG]
    i put a flat on bout a 1/2 hr ago hope it turns out [​IMG]

I plan on taking pictures when I cut slice it . The point will be burnt ends . I do think this is more fun than working on old Chevys and Fords .. but I love doing both almost as good as I like fishing and drag racing and college football ... @ least with this we EAT !

13. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very tasty looking brisket so far, Triple. Keep the pics coming. What temp you going to smoke it to, pullable or slice?

14. ryanhoelzer

ryanhoelzer Smoking Fanatic

Looks good. I'm pretty happy with the results from injecting. Next one I'll have to try injecting and wrapping.

15. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Wow excellent job, that had to be good

16. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    SORRY for the delay but where we took this we had net to hook .

Bagged and toweled

First unwrapping after setting for 1hour and 45 drive

Slicing , the juices would just run out in each bite

Burnt ends were going to be DUTCH style

17. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx

18. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    Thanks I thought I had over cooked it but it flowed juice with each bite

19. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    I git really lost on the cook as my dog ran off with the Thermometers ( both of them ) and I never found it until this was done .. I was gonna pull it ( something I like ) .... Thanks

20. brohnson

brohnson Smoking Fanatic

Nice work, sure looks tasty! :)