Quick Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiesmoker

Original poster
May 26, 2008
I start smoking a brisket last night. I went to the store and bought a electric thermometer to monitor my temps on the brisket. Well about 4 oclock this morning the alarm stated going off and it was saying the temp was 190. I kept cooking and it is about 205 right now and wondering if I should pull it. I was expecting it to take around 18 hours to cook and was making it for dinner.

By the way it had only been cooking about 5 hours when the temp got to about 185-190

You now have pulled brisket material. You can wrap it in foil and a towen, and toss into a small cooler. Will remain servig temp for several hours. AND be careful to save any juice that accumulates..you'll want it for a finishing sauce or for reheating/freezing.

Musta been a small brisket too...

Did you boil test your new thrmo?, do and check your meat with another proven thermo. also i check brisket in 3 locations.
Last summer i had a 14#er hit 200 in 11 hours, and i was ata comp so it made things intresting. just wrap in foil and towels in to a cooler with your digi probe laying on top of towel to moniter temp in cooler, you will be suprized how long it will stay hot.

boil test that therm before ya pull off that brisket!!!

Well I pulled it off and it is falling apart on me so I am pretty sure it is done.

Well I am cooking on an electric smoker set the temp to 225 and added wood about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

I wrapped it in a towel and foil left the thermometer in and its reading about 180 right now.

I am kinda surprised you lost 20° that fast... Hmmm. Well, still if it's falling apart, it's done. The cooler will keep it for several hours. Leave it alone until pulling time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky