Questions about building 275 gal. Fuel Oil Tank RF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moose8327

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Urbana, Oh
Hello. I've been reading all of these threads for a while now trying to figure out what I want to build. There are so many great pieces of info. throughout this site. I finally found a 275 gal fuel oil tank that my buddy has laying behind his workshop. The best part about this tank is its free!

So I was wondering if anyone on here has made this type of RF smoker with success? Someone mentioned in one of the threads that the shape of the tank may not be well equipped for a RF plate. Does anyone know if this is true? I would like to build it with one SFB and a single stack. Any tips or advice would be well appreciated. All of you guys and gals on here rock! Thanks.

Pics are forthcoming once I start cutting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky