Question Regarding Propane Hook-Up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

guinness

Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Greetings,

I just bought a Vault Propane Smoker and wanted to know if I would need a regulator between the hook-up on the side of my house and the smoker. I bought a Gas Conversion Kit and it looks almost identical to the one I use for my Weber grill, which doesn't have a regulator and works fine. The supplied fuel to the house is propane.

Many thanks,

there is a little brass part with a tiny hole in it called an oraface. Just make sure the one you have is for LP and not natural gas. you should be good. I would still keep a regualtor on the unit. they have a flame back aresstor in it. for safety sakes, you don't want to blow the house up.

Okay, I think I'll add that regulator. My wife would have a problem with me smokin' the house instead of dinner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky