question about the smoke daddy

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by reichl, May 27, 2009.

1. reichl

reichl Meat Mopper

after looking into it a bit, I am considering getting a smoke daddy cold smoker for my MES so I can do all night smokes without having to wake up. From the pictures I have seen with the smoke daddy it looks like it pumps out too much smoke for my taste. DaveNH said it had a control but it still put out a lot of smoke. Is there an easy way to have complete contol over how much smoke goes into the MES? anyone who has this set up care to comment? Thanks in advance.

2. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

u can use half wood chips and half charcoal to slow it down...and also get a or put another adjuster on the pump or get a smaller pump....customer service there is great....i emailed them and with in a couple of hours i had a reply. he is also on here i do believe....

3. reichl

reichl Meat Mopper

Do you have one? Have you had a problem with creosote building because of all the smoke or do you crush up charcoal

4. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

i have one but have only used it twice. I just got the charcoal tip from the smoke daddy web site or actually from a email back from them. and the 2 smokes i have used it on were cheese. and no creosote. other people have alot more experience with this then me.....good luck tho