Question about some beef short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schultzy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
East Galesburg, IL
I bought some beef short ribs and was wondering the preferred method of cooking, I read some other posts about short ribs and the pics looked different then the ones I have, the ones I have appear to be cut across the rack into 1 inch slices with about 4-5 bones in each slab if this makes sense, anyways do you do a modified 3-2-1 method, is foiling necessary at all, any help would be appreciated, I will have some pics later on

Kinda like beef backed ribs, just cut more. They will cook much quicker in my opinion, so even 2-2-1 might be too long, maybe more like 4 to 4 1/2 tops.

Don't forget the Mojo marinade
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Yeah none of these pics are like the ones i have, imagine if you laid a rack of ribs out and you cut across the bones into 1 inch strips and that is what they look like, I will have to get some pics for you

Yeah, that's all they are, just shorter. I tend to avoid them due to not much meat. We'd need a passel of them to feed my wife and I. I don't do them for too long. Think of how you like your steaks, do them the same way. 3 1/2 to 4 hours should give you a nice med. to med rare meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky