Question about some beef short ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by schultzy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I bought some beef short ribs and was wondering the preferred method of cooking, I read some other posts about short ribs and the pics looked different then the ones I have, the ones I have appear to be cut across the rack into 1 inch slices with about 4-5 bones in each slab if this makes sense, anyways do you do a modified 3-2-1 method, is foiling necessary at all, any help would be appreciated, I will have some pics later on

2. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Kinda like beef backed ribs, just cut more. They will cook much quicker in my opinion, so even 2-2-1 might be too long, maybe more like 4 to 4 1/2 tops.

Don't forget the Mojo marinade [​IMG]

3. Yeah none of these pics are like the ones i have, imagine if you laid a rack of ribs out and you cut across the bones into 1 inch strips and that is what they look like, I will have to get some pics for you

4. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yeah, that's all they are, just shorter. I tend to avoid them due to not much meat. We'd need a passel of them to feed my wife and I. I don't do them for too long. Think of how you like your steaks, do them the same way. 3 1/2 to 4 hours should give you a nice med. to med rare meat.