Question about pans or dishes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cazorp

Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Abilene, Texas
Could some of you guys give me some suggestions as to what kind of pan you use and where you purchase them for putting your briskets in while marinating or using a rub. I need something that fits inside my refrigerator.
Thanks!

If you check Sam's Club, they have full size and half size aluminum steam table pans. For the rub, I just wrap the brisket in plastic wrap, then heavy duty foil. for the marinade, I guess I'd use the steam table pan.

For rubbing I just rub then wrap in saran wrap and place on one of these
Pardon the mess I just used it and the others have meat on them

For marinading smaller cuts I use these they are from Tupperware and are made for marinading there are two here one assembled one not

For marinading large cuts or poultry I use this its a food service grade 5 gal. bucket that had pickles in it. You may be able to get one at a deli.

yes, large zip locks are cool.

you can normally get food grade plastic buckets with lids at the grocery stores you frequent. normally I get them from the bakery. they have diffent sizes, just go early before they dump em. are ask them to save some.they normally will gladly do it. the ones from the deli I find to be kinda funky smelling. and some times it takes a lot of extra work to get oders out of the deli buckets.
as for flat pans to work with. they have great ones at Sams club. plus neat plastic stuff with lids that is made to fit ice boxes. even neat serving S.S. deep pans for kitchen use. industrail stuff. I like their ss bowls as they are thicker then ones at stores.
and the knives are great there. cheap,effective and good looking.

See your appliance dealer---he will have broiler pans that people leave in there ovens when they trade them in for new ones. I must have about 15 of these that I got free just by asking. They are porcelin coated and are around 12 by 16, they are usually in the bottom draw of ovens when purchased You can even put one on top of the other to keep food warm.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky