Question about my house thermostat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jsdspif

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Paw Paw , MI
I know this is so far off course , but , I put a new thermostat on my house furnace because the one that came with my new furnace seemed to have only 1/2 degree spread and it wasn't changeable . So set to 68 once it dropped to 67 1/2 the furnace would turn on , run until it got to 68 and shut off . I wanted one that would allow the temp to drop maybe 2 or 3 degrees . My new one will but it doesn't give temps , it's just got narrow or wide for the temp. swing . Here's the question , I tried Googling but that didn't get the answer I was looking for . On the new thermostat it has set temp . but it also has a save temp . My old one didn't have a save temp . I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what save temp is ? This is pretty much the only forum I am on that is quite active so I figured somebody out there will know . The directions don't say what save is , they only say how to set the save temp . Thanks in advance

Is 'SAVE' the same as 'hold'

My thermostat will always default to the daily cycle that is programmed in. If I just want it to keep one temp all day long I have to make sure the 'hold' button is pushed and showing 'hold' on the readout...

I'll bet your 'save' is the same?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky