question about buying my first smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abraxasil

Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Illinois
I'm getting ready to get my first smoker - a Great Outdoors Grill Co. 34" Smoky Mountain Gas Smoker. Is this the Big Block you folks are talking about? If it isn't, does anybody know anything about this unit? I sure don't want to get burnt buying my first one to learn on. Many Thanks. :?:

I got itt - same company but different size. Many thanks for the info. I plan on getting one maybe before Christmas - sure would like to try out smoking a ham for the holiday.

I have heard that Wal-Mart carries the cheaper models. All I have been able to determine is that they carry the 16" and the 20" (Wide Body) wide models.

Thanks for all the input - got me the regular size one from Walmart and just put it together. Looks great. Gotta get me digital thermometer and some meat and get busy learnin it - I want to smoke a ham for Christmas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky