Question about buffalo style chicken wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stickyfingers

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Upstate, SC
Would it be possible to smoke them for a couple of hours, put them in the frig and then through them in a frier the next day?

Last edited:
unless you smoke them to 165 to 170 first You would need to be very careful with the 4 hours between 40 - 140 because once you start smoking them they will heat up and then when you take them off and throw them in the fridge it will also take time for them to cool back off to under 40 and if you throw them straight in the freezer half cooked the outside will freeze then insulate the inside and take quite some time to get back down to safe temp. hope this helped salmonella ain't fun

You can hot smoke them, 225+, to an IT of 150°F, killing all the nasties, then refer them in a single layer to cool quickly. The next day, fry them until they are tender and crisp, IT of 170, and sauce. You will have no issues...JJ

Reactions: stickyfingers
No

Wont the frier kill the smoke taste?
No, not at all. I have done it several times. Great way to get crispy skin! (smoke about 1.5 hours them drop them in a turkey frier with peanut oil for about a minute...done) It's just that I am limited in the amount I can do at one time and for the 4th I need about 200 to feed quests coming.

I need a Lang 84 deluxe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky