Question about andouille sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
Bought a pack of andouille sausage to throw on the smoker today and have a question. I read 2 different posts on here about andouille where one person hung the sausages to dry with a fan on them, the other poster had dunked them in an ice bath. So my question is...
Should I do either of these suggestions? Mine aren't linked so I couldn't hang them to dry but could place them on a rack in front of a fan if need be.
Won't be throwing on for a few hours because the butt needs to cook more.
Thanks for any help.

I think the posts u read are from us that made our own sausage-is your sausage in caseings? and is it already cooked?I fan my bacon and sausage-before a smoke-the ice bath stops the cooking& firms the meat up.

Ok, guess I should have read the whole thing instead of skimming through. Interesting about shocking them in the ice bath to stop them from cooking. Wouldn't have known to do that.
Thanks.

If you got them from the grocery store just throw them on there and let them do their thing... I promise you will love them!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky