Question: 13 lb bird.....how long at 325 degrees?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke 'em bama

Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
I know to let it go to about 170 degrees temp, but approx how long should that take for a 13 lber at 325?

About 20 mins a pound but it's just an estimate.

I'm doin' one right now. I'll let you know in a little bit. . . . .
icon_mrgreen.gif

Check a cookbook. Smoker, oven, doesn't matter. By all means though, go by internal temp. But according to Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, a #13 turkey @ 325* should take around 3 to 3 3/4 hrs. Again I stress, go by internal temps.

Yea - What Crewdawg said. I did a 13 pounder yesterday and had some trouble keeping a steady 325°F because of wind and 33°F ambient air temps. It took me about 4 hours.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Doing my first turkey today....Meowy, saw your pics. If my bird turns out anywhere close to that, I'll have some happy folks on my hands!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky