Q view for meatloaf and chicken breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tedlnancy

Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Middle Tennessee

What a difference a week makes. Last Saturday morning, it was 12* with 8" of snow on the ground in Nashville. Today, it's 65* and I am outside in shorts and a t-shirt. The pics are of bacon covered meatloaf (3 lbs ground chuck + 1 lb sausage) and finishing up smoked chicken breasts on the grill. I smoked them for 2 hours, but needed to get the meatloaf going, so I am brought them up to 165* on the grill.
The chicken was a last minute idea. My wife was heading to Krogers this morning, so I had her pick up a couple of pkgs of chicken breasts to smoke. I didn't have time to brine them, so I marinated then in apple juice and Moore's for 2 hours and sprinkled with Jeff's rub. They turned out nice and moist.
In about 4 hours, I will try my first smoked meatloaf. I can't wait for supper!

Last edited:
What crazy weather were having. I'm in Florida & it's only 60 here.

Everything looks great, but I can't wait to see how the meatloaf comes out.

Good work so far!

Al

I checked after 3 hours to put sauce on the tops and the smallest one was already at 160*. Here is a picture of it. I sauced the other two and left them on another 45 minutes. I forgot to take a picture of the bigger two.
Green beans, baked potato and meatloaf coming up for supper. There goes the diet.

When I was a kid, I was never a fan of meatloaf, except maybe the singer.  Meatloaf was what my mom did to ground beef and whatever leftovers she found in the fridge.  Green beans, peas, lima beans....

My wife used a legitimate meatloaf recipe and it became acceptable.  I will have a hard time even eating that "good meatloaf" again.

The smoked meatloaf is at a whole different level.  My wife wasn't too sure about what I was doing, but liked it so much that the next time we have our supper club of friends over, she wants me to make it.  I was very happy with the results and will make this again. 

Last edited:
Good looking meatloaf Ted. 
icon14.gif

Hard to beat smoked meatloaf.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky