Pullin' a Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pyrolysis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Denvers Front range
Pullin' a turkey for a X-mas Eve party. I smoked one on thanksgiving and got it right on the 1st try. What do I need to know about pulling it. I've done pork butt and I don't know if pulling a turkey will get me the same results or not. I'm thinkin' maybe just basically seperate the meat from the bone and sort of a combo of chopping it up and pulled and into the pan.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

pyro

Sounds to me like you are on the right track pyrolysis. Just because I am curious, what are gonna do with it after you pull it? Sammies?

Good idea ultramag! I'm sure I'll try it with as many combinations as I can come up with starting out with the a-la-by itself combo.

The way this smokin' has gone for me I just hope for my quests sake I'm able to save them some. After all good intentions when I start I have a tendency to hoard the finished probucts and only tell the buds about what they missed, after the fact.

pyro

Did a turkey recently and pulled it at 185deg let it rest for 2hrs then pull off bone chopped thr white meat, dark meat fell apart threw it all in a large iron skillet and use some Jack Daniels Q-juice(lightly) and served on buns with slaw turned out great... :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky