• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

pulled porkchilada's

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
After seeing Dude's enchilada's & reading about Dutch's in the wiki I just had to make some. So I use the left over PP from this weekend, enjoy, I did!

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Looking good! I haven't done them yet either, they just sound and look soooo yummy!!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
My favorite is pulled porkchelada's with a verde (green) sauce.

Take about 1 doz. tomatillo remove the outer leafy skin and stems. Toss them into a pot of salted water with 1 onion chopped into quarters, and 2 fresh serrano peppers. Bring to a boil and simmer till the tomatillos turn a yellowish green - if they start to break open pull them off the heat. Drain the water, dump everything into a blender with a handfull of cillantro and a pinch of salt  - hold the blender lid on TIGHT with a folded up towel - and give it a whirl. Taste, and adjust salt if desired.

Super easy and super, super tastey sauce.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
WOW I would love to try that. All I had on hand was green enchilada sauce, onions, & green chili's. So i went with that.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
looks good terry........and carefull with the blender and hot stuff. i usually take the middle part out and place a towel over the hole, and don't fill it up past 1/2 way.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
looks good terry........and carefull with the blender and hot stuff. i usually take the middle part out and place a towel over the hole, and don't fill it up past 1/2 way.

+1 on the blender safety.... blending hot liquids can cause a very painfull mess if you don't use a nice thick towel and keep a very firm grip on that lid - even then a little will usually get out so keep the kids back.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
 +1 on the blender safety.... blending hot liquids can cause a very painfull mess if you don't use a nice thick towel and keep a very firm grip on that lid - even then a little will usually get out so keep the kids back.
that's why i remove the center part to let air escape. i have seen more tops explode right off no matter how hard people try to hold the down. also start at the lowest speed until it gets going.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Great looking enchiladas!  thanks to JIR for the tomatillo sauce!  Enchiladas made "leftovers" are so good, I smoked a chuck and a butt to freeze just to make 'em whenever.

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
I have yet to try that with PP. I normally make smoked pheasantchiladas. It is a big hit at hunting camp.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
that's why i remove the center part to let air escape. i have seen more tops explode right off no matter how hard people try to hold the down. also start at the lowest speed until it gets going.

Me too on the removal of the center piece. It only takes one mishap to teach you that lesson 

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for the recipes, I keep reading all these posts and my to do list keeps getting larger and larger.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.