Pulled Pork w/ QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
After seeing Meowey's post I had to try it. Got the butts yesterday rubbed mustard let stand 1 hour then applied rub wrapped them and into the fridge. Got them out this morning then went and got the smoker going put them on at 8:30 am. Started spritzing at 100 degrees with the 3 parts apple juice 1 part Captain Morgans Spiced Rum every hour till 165 then took them out and foiled em (almost an hour difference between the two) after spritzing again then back in till a little after dark then put them in the oven to finish. Total smoke and oven time 14 hours 46 minutes. Also made the finishing sauce.
Rubbed and ready

In they go

Ready for foil

Ready for pulling

Finished product

More finished

Thanks Meowey great recipe

Oh yeah, that pulled pork looks good! And I know it was.
rolleyes.gif

But that smoker is WAY too clean and spiffy looking! It needs more use.
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Ain't a week old yet it'll get there

Great looking pork! Making me hungry already!

Thats what I used gonna serve it tonight actually didn't even try it after finishing sauce will today tho
icon_mrgreen.gif

You're coming along fine there PW. Just keep trying some new stuff and you'll be a master soon. Remember to up that temp alittle next time and it won't take so long.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky