Pulled Pork Spritz

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donzitom

Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Milford, CT
I have an 8 pound picnic in the smoker for about 3 hours now.  I realized I don't have any apple juice to spritz with.  Has anyone used other liquids to spritz?  I have pineapple juice, wine and beer on hand.  Suggestions?

You are dabbling in the realm of "to spritz, or not to spritz"? After having a spray bottle on my hip for quite some time, it's been abandoned. Got the same results spritzing as if I didn't spritz.

But, to answer your question ... pineapple juice would work well in substitution of apple.

Mix it up, Donzi!!!  I've heard of everything from soda pop to whiskey used in a spritz.  Personally, I like spritzing, but agree with Sumosmoke - you can have excellent results with out it.

One of my faves was using a mixture of Buttershots and Apple Juice.... If you do that, make a big batch and sample often to make sure it doesn't sour on ya.... ;o)

I have used Mountain Dew and other types of soda but I agree I get the same results if I don't spritz so I have slowed down on the spritzing. Maybe if I had a spritz and an unspritz piece of meat side by side I could tell the difference but other wise I can't tell the difference. 

Pineapple juice will work well. I was in the same boat and decided to mix a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar into the pineapple juice with fantastic results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky