• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pulled Pork Navy Bean soup

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 16, 2019
Made a riff on Senate Navy Bean Soup.
Used, chicken broth, added Rancho Gordo Ayocote Blanco Beans, bones from a pork shoulder I smoked a month ago with a ham hock. Instead of cubed ham I used some pulled pork. The rest was per recipe; onions, garlic, cloves, potatoes, apple cider vinegar.
Figured it would be good and man I was correct!
PP Bean soup 2.JPG

PP Bean soup 3.JPG

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Where's the buttered crusty bread?

Man, that's a mouthwatering bowl of goodness!

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Nice, that looks outstanding and very hardy. I make a version with Great Northern beans with a similar recipe. As far as I know, Senate Bean Soup is still served daily.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Delicious, savory, stick to the bones looking stuff. Well done on the modifications.
I'm with Ray, pass the bread.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Dang!! That looks delicious X's 2. Like!

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 7, 2019
BIG like . My Wife hates me when I cook Ham and Beans .. Something to do with gas I think...lol

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for all the likes and replies. Yes it was very hardy and tasty. Yes bread was added after the pic. I made a BIG pot so all my friends can enjoy also.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.