Pulled Pork and Brisket Green Chili Chimichangas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
A while back me and Bassman made some Venison Bacon. While I was at his house, I ate one of the best Chimies I have ever had. With that and last weeks breakfast conversation in mind, I tore into a batch of chimichangas this afternoon.

I don't have many pictures, so I'll describe it as best as I can:

~ 1/4 brisket
~ 3/4 pulled pork, I'm guessing the pork was about one butt worth
2 chopped onions
1 can Delmonte Mexican tomatoes drained
~2T minced garlic
1 dozen chopped roasted green chilies
Sam's Club Taco seasoning
Garlic Salt
Chili Powder
This batch made 28 good sized chimichangas.

In a skillet, I sauted the onions and garlic in olive oil, then added the green chilies and tomatoes after they the onions were clear. Cooked that for about five minutes and added it to the meat in a large bowl. I mixed it in and seasoned to taste.

Large bowl - spicey

Small bowl - medium

I did add about 1 C of grated sharp cheddar that's not in the shot. Then I rolled'em up in flour tortillas and fried them.

These will be served Bassman style - a good shot of grated cheddar smothered with Stokes Green Chili - wooo damn!

What ever survives tonight's dinner will be frozen for later.

I have to thank Keith for the idea and you guys for checking out my post.
Tracey

/ message sig

Oh my goodness, those look so tasty!! Please mail a couple to me and I'll be more than happy to provide a review.
icon_cool.gif

Mmmmm.......Looks fantastic!!

Dang, I wish I could have been there.  Cooking with you and Keith would be a great way to spend the day.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks for the post Tracey!

Great looking meal Tracey - I really like the process you showed - need to get up on some of these soon

good lord dat's alotta chimmis!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Tracey's got a lot of family to feed!  I make 12 for myself, so I'm guessing those will be gone before the week is out.
biggrin.gif
Great looking chimis, Tracey.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Now that work up my taste buds! Excellent flavors going on there, thanks for sharing. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky