Pulled Lamb Shoulder with Q-View!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aussiebazza

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Perth - Australia
Hey all,

Been a while but finally the sunshine has come out and the smoking season has kicked off. For today's menu we have a 2.5kg (which is a 5.5 pound) bone in lamb shoulder. We're mad for our lamb here in Australia so it was always going into the smoker as soon as I could manage some time off!

After trimming off the harder fat cap to a good sized layer I hit it with:

Oil

Dried rosemary

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Paprika

Kosher Salt

Black Pepper

Tiny amount of brown sugar and into the fridge for 24 hours. No injecting here.

Decided for a low and slow on this one so brought the pit up to 225. Uncovered for 3 hours, foiled for 3 hours then rested for 1. The result? Melt in your mouth tender with a perfect subtle smoke profile. I used a combination of apple and mesquite.

Enough talk tho, time for some Q view!

3 hours in and ready to be foiled

First look after resting for an hour. I cooked it until 197. I was aiming for 200 but had some time constraints with guests. 

Served them with some warm pita bread, chimichurri dip, some tzatziki and some peppery rocket and onion with balsamic for some acidity. Not a scrap of leftovers and I had to roll my guests out the door they over ate so much. Will definitely be doing this one again. Cheers!   
beercheer.gif

Bazza

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky