Propane VS Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rick031

Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Hello new to the forum. I have 2 smokers with 4 racks each and they are propane. The propane smokers I find I have to watch them a lot when the beat begins to cook. Especially the bottom rack. I was wondering if electric smoker is better or basically the same. I seen in a post in a post to leave the door open a bit to get a internal temp of 140. I'm putting jerky on tomorrow so Ill experiment opening all vents, opening the door a bit. Tying to eliminate checking it a lot......thanks

An electric smoker is going to have a temp controller built in, so IF it's accurate it will keep the smoker at what ever temp you set it at.

However all smokers have hot spots in them, so even with electric you may have to rotate the racks for jerky.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky