propane tank smoker we built

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

welder

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
kentucky
ugly smoker looks like a giant bug

fire box and cooking chamber

fire box

cooking chamber

smoker by the creek

hickory for wedding Sat.

Lookin' forward to siome Q View on that puppy.

That thing looks great. As long as you are calling it the bug might as well weld some antenna on there and maybe curve the legs a little. It would look even better painted black like that.

I like it, very unique !!!

I agree with making additions to make it a bug a painting it. After that within a year it will be very authentic.

Didn't have time to paint it today. Going to paint it black or let my nephew paint I'm giving it to him . I think I'll have to do some work on it it dont seem to heat very well.

Granted I am far from an expert but might it be because your fire box and grilling surface are at even heights? Every offset smoker I have seen has the fire box lower and the hole for heat transfer near the top of the box not in the middle. Your damper on the fire box also looks mighty small maybe that could be blocking too much air. Again I really have no idea what I am talking about seeing as I have never built a smoker before just making observations.

I agree, you should have place the firebox lower. Also, the exhaust stack should be on the opposite end of the firebox, coming out of the end, just below the cooking grate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky